Collection of Personal information
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as part of the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Pastry, Pastry will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any third party. We may share your information with other divisions of Eric McCrite Company. We will only use and/or disclose personal information in order to:
- understand and meet your needs and preferences;
- develop new and enhance existing service and product offerings;
- manage and develop our business and operations; and
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Our site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. More specifically, our server uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security protection by encrypting all of your personal information including credit card number, name and address to prevent individuals from reading this information as it travels over the Internet.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us via any means. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information via the Website, the Apps or through the Services, make any purchases using the Website, the Apps or the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, the Apps or the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our Customer Service department at 855-383-5683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
If you are a registered user at lovepastry.com, you may access and update your registration information and your communication preferences under My Account or by contacting us via email at email@example.com. Any user who receives an email communication from the Site may choose not to receive such communications in the future by following the instructions in the email communication to unsubscribe. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
Changes to this Policy
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Pastry, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or other similar such information ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through Pastry may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Pastry. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Pastry. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with Pastry.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out using Pastry and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before consummating a transaction using Pastry.
- Your search queries on Pastry.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to Pastry, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use as you use Pastry.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve Pastry and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to Pastry.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Pastry may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on Pastry. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Pastry and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
Text marketing: With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present Pastry to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on Pastry.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own, other Eric McCrite Company brands and/or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pastry's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or otherwise not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Changing Your Personal Information Access. You can always opt-out by logging into Pastry and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, opting out of our marketing communications located at the bottom of our emails, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers and Sweepstakes from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out at time of sign up by unchecking the box on the sign up form, or by sending an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into Pastry and visiting your account profile page, if you have created an account on Pastry.com.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of Pastry that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted on July 1st, 2015. All rights reserved.